• About Us
  • Home
Tuesday, August 18, 2026
Shaka Momodu
  • Right Of Reply
  • News
  • Politics
  • Business
  • OpEds
  • Sports
No Result
View All Result
  • Right Of Reply
  • News
  • Politics
  • Business
  • OpEds
  • Sports
No Result
View All Result
Shaka Momodu
Home News

Minister Orders Early Reopening of Independence Bridge in Lagos Amid Traffic Woes

by News Reporters
1 year ago
in News
0 0
0
Minister Orders Early Reopening of Independence Bridge in Lagos Amid Traffic Woes
Share on FacebookShare on Twitter

In a significant move to ease the ongoing traffic gridlock in Lagos, the Minister of Works, Dave Umahi, has directed the immediate reopening of the Independence Bridge in Victoria Island. The bridge, which had been closed on March 19, 2025, for urgent repairs, was initially scheduled to remain closed until May 26, 2025. However, in response to growing concerns over severe traffic congestion in the city, Umahi has expedited the restoration process.

The closure of the bridge had caused widespread disruptions, leading to prolonged traffic jams, impacting daily commuters and local businesses. Recognizing the urgency of the situation, Umahi’s decision to reopen the bridge ahead of schedule aims to alleviate the mounting pressure on Lagos’ traffic network and improve transportation flow.

Authorities are hopeful that the reopening will enhance connectivity and ease movement for thousands of residents and businesses in Victoria Island and beyond. With the restoration now underway, motorists are expected to experience smoother travel in the area.

Previous Post

Governor Abba Yusuf Calls for Transparent Legal Process After Uromi Killings

Next Post

Senator Akpoti-Uduaghan Accuses Yahaya Bello of Orchestrating Fake Recall Process

Next Post
Senator Akpoti-Uduaghan Accuses Yahaya Bello of Orchestrating Fake Recall Process

Senator Akpoti-Uduaghan Accuses Yahaya Bello of Orchestrating Fake Recall Process

Leave a Reply Cancel reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

RSS Some News Around

  • NFF Sacks Super Falcons Technical Crew after World Cup Miss
  • Ojulari Never Awarded Oil Block, had no Role in Licensing, Says NNPCL Insiders
  • 2027: SDP Sets Sights on Oyo Governorship
  • Agbebaku Reveals Reason for Resignation
  • Osun Election: Soludo congratulates Adeleke
  • Edo Assembly Elects Yekini Idiaye as New Speaker
  • Osun Election: NDC Hails Adeleke, Faults Tinubu Endorsement
  • Adeleke’s Victory May be APC Smokescreen Ahead of 2027, Says Wabara
  • Edo Assembly gets New Speaker, Idaiye
  • BREAKING | Edo Speaker Resigns over Impeachment Threat
  • About Us
  • Home

© 2022 THIS REPUBLIC By Shaka Momodu

Welcome Back!

Login to your account below

Forgotten Password?

Retrieve your password

Please enter your username or email address to reset your password.

Log In
No Result
View All Result
  • Right Of Reply
  • News
  • Politics
  • Business
  • OpEds
  • Sports

© 2022 THIS REPUBLIC By Shaka Momodu

Go to mobile version