• About Us
  • Home
Tuesday, May 12, 2026
Shaka Momodu
  • Right Of Reply
  • News
  • Politics
  • Business
  • OpEds
  • Sports
No Result
View All Result
  • Right Of Reply
  • News
  • Politics
  • Business
  • OpEds
  • Sports
No Result
View All Result
Shaka Momodu
Home News

NLC Indefinite Strike Scheduled to Begin on Friday, following Inconclusive Meeting with FG

by News Reporters
3 years ago
in News
0 0
0
NLC Gears Up for a Nationwide Protests and Service withdrawals Over Subsidy Removal
Share on FacebookShare on Twitter

The meeting between the federal government and the Nigeria Labour Congress (NLC) on Monday, aimed at preventing an indefinite strike scheduled to begin on Friday, ended without any agreement on the demands of the NLC.

Following the inconclusive meeting, the federal government has invited the leadership of the Trade Union Congress (TUC) for further discussions on Tuesday at the Ministry of Labour and Employment in Abuja.

NLC President Joe Ajaero, speaking to reporters after the meeting at the Federal Ministry of Labour and Employment, stated that while the discussions were meaningful, no agreement had been reached on any issue. He mentioned that key issues such as the conversion to Compressed Natural Gas (CNG), the revival of local refineries, cash transfers, and wage awards remained unresolved.

Ajaero indicated that an ultimatum had been given, and if no progress was made before it expired, an indefinite strike would commence from Friday.

Additionally, Ajaero addressed the issue of the National Union of Road Transport Workers (NURTW), emphasizing that the coup plotted against the NURTW leadership by the Nigerian Police was a matter of great concern to the trade union movement and could not be compromised.

The Minister of Labour and Employment, Hon. Simon Lalong, described the meeting as fruitful and stated that discussions on many of the items presented by the NLC had not reached their final stages. He acknowledged the valid grievances of organized labor and expressed the government’s commitment to addressing them. However, he also stressed the need to strike a balance between addressing workers’ concerns and promoting economic growth.

The meeting with the TUC was planned for the following day, indicating continued efforts to address labor-related issues and avert the strike.

Previous Post

Baseless and Unfounded! Senate President Akpabio on Rumours of The Plot to Remove Him

Next Post

Why Kano State Governor Abba Kabir Yusuf Was Sacked By Tribunal

Next Post
Kabir Yusuf of NNPP WIns Kano State Governorship Election.

Why Kano State Governor Abba Kabir Yusuf Was Sacked By Tribunal

Leave a Reply Cancel reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

RSS Some News Around

  • I Can Only Afford N5,000 Feeding Allowance for My 2 Children, Man Tells Court
  • Food Prices May Drop by Next Harvest, Says Farmers Association
  • WHO Chief Says ‘Work Not Over’ after Hantavirus Evacuation
  • ASUU Threatens Govt with Fresh Showdown, says 2025 Agreement Breached
  • Russia, Ukraine Resume Strikes as Truce Expires, 1 Dead
  • UNIBEN Distances Staff, Students from Deadly Shooting Near Main Campus
  • 2027 Presidency: Jonathan Caught in PDP’s Quagmire
  • White House Press Gala Shooting Suspect Pleads Not Guilty
  • Lagos Set to Launch Own Driver’s License
  • Nigerian Govt Exempts Colleges of Education Candidates from UTME
  • About Us
  • Home

© 2022 THIS REPUBLIC By Shaka Momodu

No Result
View All Result
  • Right Of Reply
  • News
  • Politics
  • Business
  • OpEds
  • Sports

© 2022 THIS REPUBLIC By Shaka Momodu

Welcome Back!

Login to your account below

Forgotten Password?

Retrieve your password

Please enter your username or email address to reset your password.

Log In
Go to mobile version